Can’t connect to amped wireless setup? Here’s a fix!
Amped wireless extenders can be configured using the general setup steps- too evident right? However, while you are trying to edit the network settings and are attempting to change the settings, you might face issues with accessing the setup wizard as well. This can prevent you from making the required changes and connecting to the amped device. Resolving the issue will require you to follow some troubleshooting steps. This blog will walk you through the information if you can’t connect to amped wireless setup network.
There are two ways you can connect to the amped wireless network.
- Wired method
- Wireless method
You can connect your amped range extender to the computer system using wired cable connections. To establish one, connect an ethernet cable between the ethernet port on your extender and the LAN port on your computer system. The computer will detect the extender network and show you a notification once the same is detected. If you can’t connect to amped wireless network, check if you have made the connections securely and try again.
If you are using a laptop or wireless device, you can connect it to the Amped wireless setup network wirelessly. To connect, open the WiFi settings and look for the Amped wireless network SSID in the available networks list. Select the name of the network and then click on the Connect button. Once connected, your computer or wireless device will show you a notification.
Although you could easily replace your older Ethernet cables and install new ones, here are some more steps on resolving common amped wireless setup related problems:
- First of all, if you’ve never set up the Amped wireless extender with The Ally App.
- Turn the Amped Wireless device to connect with the Wi-Fi wireless network.
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, type http://setup.ampedwireless.com and tap/press “Go.”
- It will take you to the Amped wireless setup wizard. Then, follow the instructions on screen to complete the amp wireless setup procedure.
- Make sure your Amped Wireless extender is turned on.
- The device can be reset by hitting the RESET button at the bottom for around 10 seconds.
- A status indicator on your device is likely to start to blink rapidly green as the device is in use.
- After the process is completed then you’ll have to follow the steps outlined in Step 1 above to set up your extender with setup.amped wireless URL.
In addition, if you suspect that it’s the firmware of your device that’s causing the internet connection issues, it’s important to verify an update to this device. If you’ve got the Amped App installed, it will inform you by email if there’s a new update available. If you want to confirm this to yourself. Here’s the steps to follow:
- Click on the Setting menu in the app.
- Click on the Firmware Update menu and select to check for updates.
If an update is available, the app will begin the process of installing it immediately.
Certain Internet connections need static IP settings to function. In addition, some internet connections might require DSL account information. In these cases you will require contacting your ISP to get details regarding your IP as well as DSL settings, and vice versa. Make use of the settings shown on the page at the time it appears that the Connection Error page on the browser’s website is displayed. You can do this by clicking the “Manually configure the settings of your Amped Wireless Device.”